Museum visit!


I had an awesome enough weekend with regards to arts and entertainment. It is so important to have somewhere to go where our eyes can get lost in a world that our earthly creators have created. It's a world where one forgets everything else because all that matters at that moment is to drown yourself in the mystery hanging on the walls before you. It's like falling in candy land as a kid.

It is important to have art museums, galleries and installations because everyone wants a place to go besides the beach or rum shop on the weekend. Wink. The National Art Museum in Beijing stages many exhibitions. There are art districts, numerous galleries, university museums and the list goes on. I was eagerly waiting for the terrible HEAT that lingered all summer to subside so I can start exploring again. What a HOT summer! Uff.
The heat has been so terrible it felt like hot air slapping you in the face when the wind blows.

My favorite exhibition at the museum was the African collection. I can't cease to express the amazing talent of Africans! Right away I wonder when we can have a collective Caribbean exhibition of sculptures. How amazing that would be. We therefore need to raise the standards of sculptors on some islands by providing training. I know we have the potential to create so why not get the world to look at us a bit more?





Comments