More Exhibitions!


It sure has been a long time since I have blogged and that's due to major life changes. I have officially left the city of Beijing and kissed it a 7 years goodbye kiss. As an artist I have gotten to observe my personal relation towards production vs. city & circumstances.
My great leap to Shenzhen may not be for the long haul but it certainly has been the quickest alternative to another fast approaching winter & pollution. My thoughts went first and foremost to Grenada but my mission is not yet accomplished.
So far everything is tropically inviting like a huge Cocktail that brings surprises after every sip. It also took some getting used to. I think I am settled again. That was not hard was it? No, just tiring.
In the meanwhile I missed two major events as faith had it planned. A one week art residency and exhibition in Songyang and the Beijing International Art Biennale! Unbelievable right? But life always tell us that playing and ignoring responsibilities will leave you in the middle of the ocean sinking. Sadly I have responsibilities which does not allow me to do what I came here to do. So how does one still try to be an artist in this unfriendly world? Yet to be answered. Nevertheless I still share with you my two major accomplishments for 2017. The painting below was submitted for Songyang International Art Exhibition, 2017.

                                                   Abstract, oil on Canvas

Below is my piece for the Beijing International Art Exhibition, 2017. It's my second time participating. My student from Beijing sent me these photos which was so wonderful of her. I truly missed her and her mom; both of whom I taught art lessons to in Beijing.





And because she was inspired by the art exhibition, this was her piece from that very same evening! She loves to dance and everytime I asked her how she was doing she jumped up and down and screamed, "I am happy!"
I call her Happy Lanlan.


                                          Lanlan's painting-  Prymaid




Comments