Mid Autumn Festival!

This is my story. I was born on the Island of Petite Martinique with a population of 800 people. Google that and improve your Geography. I completed high school in Grenada, worked religiously in the Board of Tourism for a period of 4 years before I departed for Spain on a one year scholarship that opened my eyes to the rest of the world. Shortly afterwards, I applied and received yet another scholarship to study at both undergraudate and master's level in China. During this time I focused on completing my degree in Diplomacy and International Relations as well as held modeling jobs as a way to show off my home bred talent of being once a Miss Grenada. Not the Carnival Miss Grenada. The Las Especias Miss Grenada. I walked the runway for brands like Jossy Joe, Karpa and a few you definitely won't know about. I also did TV commericals for brands like Haier and a few others.
After graduation I returned home to work which happened to be in the field of Hotel and Tourism. I gained valuable experience then I moved back to China. During all of this commotion I have been diligently tring to paint and develop as an artist. I wanted to be a singer and a musician too but oh well. I have since participated in 18 art exhibitions both internationally and regionally; one of which was my own solo show. That was the bomb.
I have been in China for the past two years trying to explore the art scene. I managed to get accepted to study at SCAD in 2018 but I would need to gamble in Macau first in order to attend. I was also accepted to study at Xian School of Architecture and Design September gone, however I like to imagine the worst that can happen to me as well as the best and the worst was seemingly more realistic so I didn't take that route. I'd still love to go someday. Meanwhile I moved to the South of China and I am painting and teaching. God knows what happens next.

Here is my very first piece to welcome the Mid Autumn festival in Shenzhen.




Comments