Abstract Anyone?


It's already November! WOOT WOOT! Holidays are coming!
I have been working hard, preparing my PPT's for classes the next day and teaching.
I am also using my free time to draw, read about art and plot my next GREAT move.

So what have I been painting? I can share my drawings but I prefer to share my abstract madness for the moment. Here is one of them I did over the weekend.

Title: Abstracting the Abstract
Medium: oil on canvas
Size: 45 * 40 cm
Year: 2017




Strange measurement. If I was an art teacher I'd give me student C for that. I think canvases should have standard measurements.
What's my method behind this painting? I decided to scribble and fill my scribbles with colors. As I work I am guided by feelings and what I believe would look better and this happened to be my first scribble painting. For God's sake I can make better scribbles but please give me credit for using colors that compliment each other! Now that's important. Value and tone are also things I considered. Hopefully someone will like it and if not I DO! Peace out. Keep painting like mad. ox



Comments