New Life in SZ!

I thought my friend said to me that Shenzhen has no winter? I'll forgive her because we both know what she meant. It's not like winter winter, it's more like mild winters where you do feel cold and you can wear the light winter apparel without having to freeze your noses off. I can handle that but It still means I can't sit on my patio anymore, cross my legs and paint away. I have since carried the thought of where I wish to relocate my easel to and decided I am still not taking the oil inside the apartment. It just won't work for me. Oils belong in studios not apartments.

Having said that, I took up figure drawing for the while and have been enjoying getting connected with the Shenzhen art lovers.

I learned that I don't need to confine myself to oils. Actually I knew this. After all I have never limited myself to any medium. For the moment I am enjoying charcoal, pencils and pastels as if we never met before! An artist should be free to transfer when the seasons change or her mood changes. It's not just about selling right?

Sometimes the poses can get pretty tricky but I do a great job always. These are so helpful for developing your skill as an artist. I am not ready for oils in a hurry. So the leaves I was painting looks at me every single day and asks when are you going to finish me? It's bothersome I have to say. I try not to look in that direction.

Recently we started a 31 day challenge where we need to produce 31 drawings for the month of December. Figure drawing session is on hold for the holiday season as people are traveling and quite busy. So I decided to flatten my rounded pastel tips on paper to produce any idea I might have for a canvas painting. Again great practice and I am not wasting canvas, I am wasting paper until I find what I really want to transfer there! Got the idea? Here is two that I am really digging. Later I will share all 31 of them. Happy holidays and don't let anything or anyone stop your CREATION!














Comments