More Exhibitions!


I am honored to exhibit with the Sketch Gang whom I became a member and friend of after moving to Shenzhen. We meet every week to practice drawing or painting and finally decided to launch our exhibition at Dafen Oil Painting Village during the May 1st holiday. Great reason not to travel! Traveling would be too crowded anyway since everyone goes traveling at the same time.

I painted an Afro/ Caribbean woman in all her beauty. You can walk through the entire village of Dafen and apart from a portrait of Obama, there would be nothing else of color. Our color is not represented here and I chose to paint just what is unique and unrepresented in any environment where the norm needs to be shaken up just a bit. The majority may not find this painting beautiful and I don't care about sales. I care just about representing the existence of the people of color because we are beautiful, we matter and we should be seen more and heard loudly.






Comments