Abstract all the way!

Spring is the time when things that were dormant, forgotten yet determined to endure the unknown suddenly takes on new life. Life like petals on a budding flower tree, or fruits weighting down branches, swollen with juicy promises. Who would have thought that these start naked, dried up trees would ever survive and give birth to something so beautiful?

Spring is like art. You never know how beautiful you can be unless you wake up and paint. I decide to wake up with the colors of spring dashed, splashed and painted onto round canvases. I decided to go abstract. These four paintings were made following each other. They show fire, earth, sky and change. They are all acrylics on canvas 50 cm wide. I am trying to limit my canvas size for moving purposes. I am happy with my abstract progress so far.


Comments